WHEREAS, the Second Amendment mandates that “the Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,” and
WHEREAS, Natural Law affirms the Right to defense of one’s Life and Property, and
WHEREAS, Citizens are reminded that the U. S. Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land, and that state laws repugnant to the Second Amendment are null and void – including, but not limited to, illegal and unconstitutional restrictions on open and/or concealed carry.
NOW THEREFORE, We, the Continental Congress 2009, declare that a proper method to counter federal usurpation of said Rights is to encourage the People of each of the Several States to study and exercise their Right to keep and bear arms, and to engage in the following civic actions:
1. Meet with your County Sheriff and ask for assistance and guidance in establishing a Constitutional Militia.*
* The term militia, inherently separate from the State National Guard, means ‘Constitutional Defense Force’ comprising all citizenry capable of bearing arms and under proper authority, in defense of themselves and the states.
2. Converse, build coalitions, and develop networks of communication with like-minded organizations concerning the importance of Constitutional Militias, preparedness, and the protection of our Right to keep and bear arms;
3. Lobby State Legislatures to introduce and/or pass a version of what is commonly referred to as the “Firearms Freedom Act”;
4. Utilize existing “Second Amendment Scorecards” on each of their representatives.